Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Jose Feliciano To Perform At Graceland | Live | Music News | Noise11



Jose Feliciano

Jose Feliciano



by Paul Cashmere on August 9, 2012




Jose Feliciano is going to Graceland next week to mark the 35th anniversary of the death of Elvis Presley.


Jose Feliciano

Jose Feliciano



“I am going to Graceland where I am going to perform. I will be at the Candlelight Vigil,” Jose tells Noise11.com.


The vigil to Graceland coincides with the release of Jose’s new album of Elvis covers titled ‘You Were Always On My Mind’. “Being an Elvis fan since I was 6 years old I wanted to do an album of Elvis’ songs but in my own style. But also an album of certain Elvis songs that wasn’t afraid of what people would think. So I didn’t ‘Don’t Be Cruel’ and ‘Always On My Mind’,” he said.


Jose says he met Elvis many years ago but only the once. “I met Elvis once at Tahoe. I sat in his dressing room. Elvis was very nice. I am sad that he has gone but,” he said.


The Jose Feliciano performance will take place at Graceland on August 15. Then it will be back down to Australia for the music legend.


Jose Feliciano Australian dates are:


August 31, Melbourne, The Palais

September 1, Sydney, The Capitol Theatre

September 2, Brisbane, The Tivoli

September 5, Perth, The Regal Theatre





Source:


http://www.noise11.com/news/jose-feliciano-to-perform-at-graceland-20120809






The News from http://elvistwist.blogspot.com