Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Greatest 25 Cities of the World Countdown Nr 5 Memphis


162 Memphis Tram CarTop 5 time now and WOW, the home of Elvis!!!


I went there in 1996 on a tour and I loved the stop at Memphis. I also went to Nashville but I wasn’t as taken with that city and it doesn’t make the cut in my Greatest 25 Cities of the World. Memphis now there is something.


I loved the following:


1. The southern food, the turnip greens, corn bread etc. Just saying the names makes me hungry


2. Doing the Elvis bit with a visit to Graceland


3. Seeing the Memphis Belle, the visitor centre and the Dolly Parton Bridge!


4. Walking down Beale Street


5. Seeing the Lorraine Motel where Martin Luther King was gunned down.


6. Watching (just about as they move so fast) the ducks at the Peabody Hotel (and seeing Neil Diamond’s tour bus too!)


7. The Sun Recording Studios and Cafe


I was not an Elvis fan before I visited, but all the tales of his generosity from everyone you met just sold him to me. I like his singing too. Do you go that extra mile like the King?




Source:


http://ift.tt/1q8DWgh






The Late News from http://ift.tt/1dkHZFp