Saturday, September 27, 2014

Food as punishment | I May Vomit...


I was just browsing a forum and came across a post which made my head spin: an American woman was complaining that her friend’s fruit salad was unpalatable as it had too much mayonnaise in it.


Mayonnaise. In fruit salad. Mayonnaise.


No. Just no.

No. Just no.



I read the post four times, thinking my eyes were deceiving me. Then I reminded myself that American taste buds are slightly different from European ones, to say the least. So I did a bit of research and found this recipe which appears to be totally genuine.


Celery, pineapple, walnuts, tinned tuna, grapes, salad, apples, mayonnaise/salad dressing and dates stuffed with peanut butter. Serve with hop soup and rolls.


It sounds absolutely horrendous to me. Just because you happen to have all these things in your pantry does not mean they belong together!


Still, it’s nowhere near as bad as Elvis Presley’s “Fool’s Gold” sandwich:


1. Coat a loaf of Italian bread in butter.

2. Bake it.

3. Hollow out the loaf.

4. Fill it with an entire jar of smooth peanut butter and an entire jar of jam.

5. Finally, stuff it with a pound of crispy bacon.

Serves 8-10 (or one Elvis).


I have no words.

I have no words.





Source:


http://ift.tt/Yt8ItC






The Late News from http://ift.tt/1dkHZFp