Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Barbra Streisand Thanks Fans For Making Her the First Artist With ...


When the Billboard charts are announced tomorrow, Barbra Streisand will be at the top with her tenth number 1 album, Partners.


Not only does that give her more number 1's than any other female vocalist, but it also will make her the first artist to have number 1 albums in six different decades and the artist with the longest span of number 1 albums from 1964's People to the new set.


Streisand took to her Facebook account on Wednesday to thank her fans:



Hearing the news that Partners entered the charts at #1 was an overwhelming feeling of joy!!


Being told that I've had #1 albums in six consecutive decades makes me feel truly blessed and grateful to have such loyal fans. I feel you rooting for me and I so appreciate all of your energy and support.


It's especially sweet since I get to share this moment with my wonderfully talented partners who I had the pleasure of singing with: Michael Buble, Stevie Wonder, John Mayer, Babyface, Billy Joel, Blake Shelton, Lionel Richie, Andrea Bocelli, John Legend, Josh Groban, my beloved son Jason Gould…and last but not least, Elvis Presley…forever The King!


Finally, thank you to Rob Stringer and my Columbia Records family, my manager Marty Erlichman, my creative team on this project - Kenny Edmonds, Walter Afanasieff, Dave Reitzas, Bill Ross, and Jay Landers…and Ken Sunshine for getting the word out…we did it guys!!


With lots of love, Barbra





Source:


http://ift.tt/1queXnu






The Late News from http://ift.tt/1dkHZFp