Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Elvis Birthday Bash at Count Basie Theatre — Starring Mike ...


Scot Bruce

Scot Bruce performing as “The King”



Last year at this time I had the good fortunate to interview two of the very best Elvis tribute artists around for my own personal version of Elvis Week on Jersey Coastal Live. I couldn’t improve on perfection, so for all you Elvis fans, here’s the opportunity to listen to the interviews once again in honor of the upcoming Elvis Birthday Bash, Friday night, January 18th at the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank. If you didn’t listen last year, please check out these excellent interviews (I’m saying humbly) which I’m certain you’ll enjoy. I’ll have to admit I


Mike Albert as Elvis

Mike Albert — he’s really got “the look.”



was most definitely star stuck by both Scot Bruce and Mike Albert, since they are as close to The King as I ever got. And naturally I’ll be back for my 9th year at the Elvis Birthday Bash!


Listen to my interview with Scot Bruce from Jan 17, 2012


Listen to my interview with Mike Albert from Jan 25, 2012.


Here is the write-up from the Count Basie Theatre: Back for the 9th year, The Elvis Birthday Bash is a night of big fun! Actor and musician Scot Bruce starts the evening with his 50’s era Elvis show. Scot has appeared on Days of Our Lives, the E! Channel’s True Hollywood Story, and in music videos by Sheryl Crow, Faith Hill and Tasmin Archer.


Then Mike Albert, “The World’s Finest Elvis Impressionist,” takes the stage. Mike is a 1st Prize Winner in the Hawaii Elvis Impersonator Contest, and the Images of Elvis Contest in Elvis’ own hometown, Memphis. He presents a sincere, respectful portrayal of “The King” that has earned endorsements by Elvis Presley’s own musicians and back-up singers. He regularly performs with the Jordanaires, Elvis’ own backing vocalists, and has appeared on A Current Affair.


Don’t miss out on all the fun – come hear the music play. Oh wait. That’s from another show. You know what I mean; The Elvis Birthday Bash rocks with Scot Bruce and Mike Albert!




Source:


http://www.jerseycoastal.com/blog/?p=617






The News from http://elvistwist.blogspot.com